Services for Parents
I provide parent consulting to help you:
- Understand your educational options (with specialty in the Puget Sound Area), including public, private, hybrid, and homeschool options, as well as afterschool and summer enrichment (local, online, and national).
- Sort through reports from various professionals, including Neuropsychologist Reports, IQ testing, Occupational Therapy, Vision, Auditory, etc. I can help you understand what the results mean, what data might be missing, and what next steps you might consider.
- Identify what kinds of testing might be needed to chase down a learning disability or other Twice Exceptionality (2e), and what kinds of professionals you might be looking for.
- Access both standard and non-traditional therapies for dysgraphia, dyslexia, social development concerns, executive function support, vision processing disorders, auditory processing disorders, and others.
- Find appropriate research to support your advocacy with schools and other providers.
- During the pandemic, all family consults are being done via Zoom.
Appointment times are not confirmed until I receive a signed Hold Harmless form. Please print, sign, scan/photo, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: I can't provide a diagnosis for anything. I don't provide counseling or therapy for parents (or for kids). I can't force your school district, principal, or teacher to change their decisions. I don't do college counseling (though I can help you think through high school options and how that may affect college choices). I occasionally will attend an IEP meeting with a client, but I don't consider this my superpower. I don't work with kids directly, only their parents.