Services for Educators
I work with educators in both public and private schools in a variety of ways:
- Professional development for HiCap teachers, general education teachers, staff, principals, administrators and/or school board directors covering topics such as asynchrony, twice exceptional (2e), social & emotional characteristics of HiCap students, and executive function, including recent neuroscience.
- Popular presentations:
- What Educators (and Counselors, Administrators, Parents...) Need to Know About Smart Kids
- Peeling the Onion: Equity in HiCap Identification
- Smart is not Easy: Grit and Growth Mindset for the HiCap Student
- I Think this Student is Twice Exceptional (2e). Now What?
- Consulting with HiCap directors and administrators on HiCap school program models, equitable identification systems, and program implementation.
- A parent/community education talk can be arranged in conjunction with any professional development, usually later that same day.
- During the pandemic, all presentations and consultations are available online, via Zoom or your preferred online platform.